Sunday 4 December 2016

How to get into the festive spirit





For me, I have been trying to be in the Christmas mood for a while now. I'm usually a bit of a scrooge so I'm giving it some extra effort this year. One of the great things about the beginning of December is that the Christmas spirit around you goes sky high. The decorations go up, the schools are practicing for their Nativity plays, choirs are getting ready for carolling and the TV channels are full of festive music and films. For some people, like myself,  we need to give a little extra effort in order to get into the spirit of things. With that in mind, here are my tips for getting into the Christmas spirit;

But yourself some festive pj's.  There's something about going out and buying yourself something festive. Each year I make sure that I have a Christmas jumper and some festive pj's to help me feel a little more cheer. Then you can curl up with a good book or tune into a Christmas film with a nice hot chocolate and have a cozy evening! My faves are The Grinch and the Santa Clause films. I'll be sharing my top 10 Christmas faves for inspiration soon so keep your eyes peeled!

Wrap up and go for a wander to see your local Christmas lights.- whether you go to your local Christmas tree lighting ceremonies or just for a walk round the area that you live, it's a wonderful feeling to see all of the different lights that people have decorated with. I like to go round my local estate with a hot chocolate in a thermos, and my biggest scarf on and just look at all of the warm lights! (P.s. the little ones LOVE it).

Get those decorations out. Sometimes you have to get the big guns out! Get your decorations out of storage and make a day-to-day of decorating your entire home until it looks like a winter wonderland...even some healthy competition for your outdoor decorations wouldn't go a miss either.

Get yourself out to a Christmas market. I've only ever been to one once but I mist admit that going to a Christmas marker (though it can be really stressful at times) is a great way to try new foods, get cute little decorations and create memories with your loved ones. I've gotten some lovely gifts for friends and family members just by going shopping with them and seeing what their eye is drawn to. Plus it takes some of the strain out of getting all of your gifts in the last 2 weeks before Christmas....because who needs that extra stress?!

Create yourself a Christmas playlist. I don't care who you are, eventually you are gonna crack and start singing along to the most festive songs out there. They're too catchy not to. If you are in the need of a little perking up then I think the music is the way to go. Check out my Christmas faves in the playlist below! 







What are some of your favourite things to do to get you into the festive Spirit?



Follow
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig