Friday 23 December 2016

Blogmas Day 12: My favourite Christmas traditions



Christmas is a time for family and traditions. I love it when I get to find out about all of the different traditions that different families so I thought that I would share mine with everyone. I don't really have a lot to share but some of them we don't do anymore so it is a nice trip down memory lane!


Opening one gift on the evening of Christmas eve

As a child, I think it's a huge blessing when your parents let you open a present just before Christmas because the excitement is just too much to bare. Even better was that I would have a gift left in my room for me to open as soon as I woke up. (Usually just so my mom would have a little more time in bed asleep but my siblings and I naturally didn't mind haha).

New Christmas pj's

The gift we always opened on Christmas Eve when I was a child was always a new pair of festive pj's. It was the perfect thing to make us a little more excited for the night time and not just to lie in bed not sleeping because wanted morning to be here already!

Try (and fail) to make a gingerbread house

Lets be honest, We try and fail every year to make even a half arsed attempt of a great looking house. I would like to say that my skills have gotten at least a little bit better over the years but without fail, the walls never hold up the roof for long so it always falls apart before the hour is out but it's the process that counts...and the eating!

New years movie night

This isn't necessarily a Christmas tradition but since it happens so close to the end of Christmas I figured I would include it anyway! Our annual movie night begins in the morning of New Years Eve and continues till the early hours of Jan 1st! In the past we have had themed movie marathons, I think my fave was the Harry Potter marathon we had about 2 or 3 years ago.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig