Wednesday 3 August 2016

Journal: July edition


So July is over, and it's that time again. this year is going so fast, I feel like so much has changed. I've finished my first year of University, I have made some big emotional changes in my life and I've been trying really hard with regulating these emotions. Some days it goes well, others it doesn't. but that okay, that's part of life. Nothing is guaranteed and nothing is completely black and white.

I'm really feeling like these monthly reflection posts are actually making a difference for me. It's great that I can look back and know what was going on in my life like 3 months ago. It also means that I can see how much my mindset is changing. I've had a rough few months lately but I've really been giving it my all and I'm starting to see a bit of a difference.






last months goals were very basic:
  • Continue with my skincare routine- maybe even blog about the products I use (it's been in the planning process for months now!)-  So the blog post in itself still hasn't happened, but in my defense I've been really busy lately. I've written so many blog posts in the last few weeks that have literally taken over 8 hours to do (EACH!) but the use of the products in my skincare routine have been dwindling too. Because I've been more busy I've gone back to the basics with my skincare routine a lot and have often left it at removing my makeup and moisturising. (Just kidding I generally forget to moisturise too haha). I could've done better with keeping to this goal but overall I've not been too bad.
  • Read at least one chapter every few days form my self help books-  I'm slowly getting through my books and there's nothing better than reading a self help book on a bad day. It really helps me to put things into perspective. Plus I'm learning so much about how to improve myself and how my brain works. It's literally becoming a life changing experience.
  • Try to make meditation a part of my daily schedule- A little bit of meditation has become essential whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed with anything. I'm happy to say I've kept up with this goal and I shall continue to regulate it a little more. 
  • Practice deep breathing and night time yoga before bed to help me sleep- sleep doesn't always come easy to me but by practicing my breathing and doing some yoga at night, I've been relaxed enough to get to sleep before 2am nearly everyday!

New Goals
  • Make time for myself- lately I've been working on the blog, I've left the house for my job or I have stayed in. I haven't really seen anyone at all outside of my family and it hasn't done me any good at all. 
  • Tweet more- usually I schedule my tweets for every 2 hours between 9am-10pm. This regularity really shows in the amount of interaction I get on twitter but sometimes I forget to do it...and it shows. Throughout August I'm going to try not only to not miss any blogging days but to tweet regularly everyday!
  • Get out more- even if it's just going outside for a walk for an hour or two, I'm going to take better care of my body. I have to spend a lot of time sitting while I'm blogging and then I don't really do any large amounts of exercise unless I'm working out. so I'm going to try at least 1 hour of walking extra everyday. its always been very calming and I can always make it more social too!



I hope July was good to you. Let's see what August has in store for us!

Love,
Louise x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig