Sunday 31 July 2016

Quick and Easy Natural beauty treatments





One of the best things about natural products is that often, you can make them yourself in the comfort of your own home and they're more often than not, a whole lot cheaper than going out and buying all of these products that are full of chemicals. While I can understand that the pro's obviously know more about skincare than I do, I don't like putting things on my skin that I know nothing about so if a product contains something that I cant even pronounce then I most likely will be really reserved about using it.

I'm an avid natural product fan. I always have been and so I have quite the collection of books with different "natural beauty" recipes and step by step tutorials that I love to go through. I'm up for trying anything so I always give each thing a go, even if its only once. Because of this, I wanted to share with you guys some of the easiest beauty treatments that are 100% natural and literally take like 2 mins to create!



Apple Skin-Clearing Treatment 



Apple, Ripe, Red, Autumn, Fruits, Harvest, Vitamins


Use: at least once a week

Why: apples are packed with enzymes that help the skin to shed dead cells, as well as being highly antibacterial. They also help to balance the skins pH levels.

Ingredients
  • 1 apple chopped
How to:
  • put the apple into a blender and whiz into a pulpy juice
  • smooth apple pulp onto your face (a hair band or towel band is pretty much a necessity for this unless you want apple hair!)
  • leave for 15-20 mins then rinse thoroughly
  • apply a light moisturizer (the book says "except on T-Zone area but I have dry skin so I use it all over)
That's literally it! That's how easy it is. While the apple isn't the nicest sensation when you're putting it on your skin, I do find that it works so I'm willing to take one for the team for a bit!



Coconut and Sugar body scrub



Bowl, Brass Bowl, Brass, Vessel, Old, Antique, Used

Use: typically around once or twice a week

Ingredients
  • caster sugar/brown sugar
  • desiccated coconut
How to:
  • mix equal amounts of the coconut and sugar for an INSTANT body scrub.
  • use in the shower as and when you wish!
This is the fastest one I have found. It's completely natural, no preservatives and if you put it into a pretty little jar, maybe add a ribbon then it will make the perfect gift too!

Recipe from Home Made Simple


Tomato Facial Mask (for oily skin)


Tomato, Red, Salad, Food, Fresh, Vegetable, Healthy

Why: tomatoes contain fruit acids "that are great for getting rid of blackheads" (which those with oily skin are more prone to). "They also brighten dull skin by gently loosening surface cells".

Use: when needed

Ingredients
  • 1 ripe Tomato
How to:
  • slice tomato thickly
  • lie down and place the slices directly onto your face
  • cut to shape if preferred, to mold the slices round your nose
  • leave for a few minutes then rinse and pat dry



I would strongly recommend these books to anyone who is looking to cut some of the chemicals from their life, or even just to cut down on their beauty spending!

Good luck.

Love, 
Louise x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig