Wednesday 22 June 2016

How to keep your blogging spark





So as you all know, I'm no newbie to blogging. 3 years is a long time but quite often it doesn't feel like that means you have had enough experience. When you're writing a blog, whether you want to make it into a career or maybe you just want to blog for fun, its important that you plan what it is you want to write ahead of schedule. Whether we like the idea or not, more often than not, planning is imperative for us.

No matter how often you want to blog, if you truly want to give your site the love that it needs, you need to make sure that the love you have for it never fades. I have been at the mercy of this more than once; it's very easy to get frustrated with the topics that you are talking about. It took a while but I eventually learned that this is perfectly natural, we grow as people as we experience new things. This means that the things that used to make your soul soar my just fizzle out and leave us feeling bored. At the same time, you may be blogging about a certain period of your life, just like I did, and then as you grow older you realise that you no longer need to talk about that past stuff.



Change is inevitable for us all and I think the point i am trying to make to you all is that it's okay to change. It's okay that something you used to love is no longer something you wish to spend your time doing. For example, if you're a swimmer and you no longer wish to compete then that perfectly okay...it's the same for blogging really (on a smaller scale maybe). Maybe you have been blogging under a certain niche and now you want to branch out and try something new...maybe from 'fashion' to 'lifestyle' or to 'baking' etc.

From my own personal experience, I know that it's impossible to cage yourself in with theories that things have to stay the same...especially in order to please people. Did this blog have more interaction, readers etc when I blogged about Mental Health? Yeah it did...but MH isn't something I need to focus my life on anymore, it's something that I might draw back to every now and then but it no longer lies at the foundation of this blog. I changed my niche because it was something that no longer made me happy to write about.

Another thing I am guilty of is apologising for not writing a post...my own health has to come first for me. This means that if I'm having a bad day or I just need some time off then there will be no post. That's all there is to it. I am not going to apologise anymore for not blogging...it's my hobby and something that I enjoy doing, as much as I write for you guys, I write for myself too. It's okay to put yourself first, everyone will still be there when you come back (if you want to of course!)

Don't lose your spark trying to mold yourself into something that you're not.

Love,
Louise x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig