Sunday 12 February 2017

To Valentine or not to Valentine



This is for the singletons....for the besties....for those lucky in love.

So Tuesday will be one of the most controversial days of 2017 so far. It's valentines day.  The day is just like Marmite  (fellow Brits will know what I mean); you either love it or your hate it. It's a day of celebrating the love that you have for  a person in your life (or maybe even a few people if you celebrate it with your bestie/s like I do).


Valentines day seems to mean that if you're single on this day then it's a really bad thing. Let me tell you, I've never been in a relationship on valentines day. It's always just been another day of the week for me. This will be the second year that me and my best friend exchange cards on this day just because we like to do little things to show the other some love.

This year I am spending the day pretty much completely alone (for the most part) so I am making this a day of self love. I won't feel sorry for myself for not being in a relationship, I won't feel lonely (I hope). I am going to break out some of my favourite films, some of my favourite songs and just have a good time.

This day should be about celebrating your loved ones...including yourself...so no matter what your relationship status, show some love this year. Spread some love and have a great day!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig