Monday 7 November 2016

A-Z of Recovery: Hope



Once again it's time for another A-Z of Recovery post. I must admit that I love coming back to this kind of thing. It's a really therapeutic thing for me to be able to go over old thoughts, feelings and be able to reevaluate them into the now. Recovery is a bumpy process and I've been through a lot of dips in my mood and relapsed lately but I never lost hope. 

The most important thing for me in this entire world is hope. Hope that there is a better life, hope for everything that I want for a fulfilling life. No matter, who you are or what you do, hope is the most important thing. It is what keeps you going, it's what helps you accept the past and embrace the present and the future. 

Three years ago when I started this blog as 'Perks Of Recovery' with a Alyssa (some of you who have been around that long will know who she is and why she doesn't run the blog with me anymore), I had no hope. Throughout my journey I have been tested through so many different ways. I thought each time that I had lost all hope of living. The beauty of it all is that there is always a little extra reserve inside each of us that keeps us going even in the toughest of times.

For some people, we can be reminded of it just by something that we see, feel or hear. For others, it's about the people around you that can remind us of the hope. I can guarantee you that if you are reading this then you can be that ambassador for someone everyday...even if that person is yourself. 

We should never lose hope. its the best thing we have got and it helps us to be open to seeing all of the beautiful things. 
Good luck 



Follow


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig