Sunday 4 September 2016

And so it ends







I want to firstly apologise for the sort of click-bait style title but it rang true for me so I wanted to keep it.

Ever wonder if your blog is worth it? We put so much time and energy into our little space on the internet and yet after 3 years its pretty clear to see that the way in which I blog is not getting me anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I love writing on here and some of the topics I choose to write about are very important to me. On the flip side, some of the stuff I write purely because I think that it;s what you guys want.

I often feel guilty for feeling like my blog is going no where because I love it so darn much and it's a big part of my life. The issue is, 3 years is a long time for me to be doing this and there has been countless amounts of hours, sweat, blood and tears put into this. You expect it to take time for things to get off the ground eventually.

 "Success" is all in the eye of the beholder if I'm honest and don't get me wrong, this isn't one of those posts where I complain that I don't get sent products from companies or invited to blogging events etc because it isn't. My issue is that my blog isn't what I want it to be. I've changed a lot over the years and I've let myself get stuck in a rut where I'm too worried about what everyone else will think, that I don't know what direction I'm setting myself in anymore. Let's be clear about this, there have been a few posts dotted around on this blog that have actually shown you another part of who I am. Whether these posts are ones that will ultimately help me get my blog off of the ground, we won't know just yet, but I'm cutting through all of the crap and being 100% honest with you all.



From now on, I will be posting about whatever the damn hell I want. Mental Health posts are always popular on here, and it's the root of my blogging journey....but it's not just who I am. I am not just my disorders. It's very frustrating for someone who is in recovery to constantly feel like her entire online persona is all about her Anxiety, Depression etc. I'm a human being with flaws...that's right...but I'm also pretty bad ass. I am constantly changing mixture of things that just happen to work when put together. We are all our own unique jigsaw puzzles and it has taken me a whole to begin to put mine together.

I spend hours reading other people's blogs, thinking about how much I enjoy them, of how many hours I can lose myself just reading all everything in their little world. Then I realised, I enjoy these blogs because it's the things that I enjoy in life, it's what makes me who I am, what makes me happy to surround myself with. Why am I reading something wishing "I had this kind of content" when I darn well can! It might seem like I'm completely trying to change the entire persona of this blog but as an "empty journal", it needs filling with all sorts of colours, types and textures that make up my life.

So here's a breakdown of my new content;

  • Beauty- It might seem weird for me to jump form my usual content to "my beauty favourites" or whatever but it has taken me a while to be able to showcase myself to the world. Gone is the girl who was too scared of wearing makeup because she thought she was "too ugly" so why bother. I enjoy wearing makeup, it gives me a little added confidence and is a way of helping me express who I am. I'm a lover of natural products, stuff that is cruelty free and helps me to love and care for the world a little more. 
  • Books- I've always been a "book nerd" ever since I was a child. I aspired to be a novel writer at a tender age because there's nothing quite like being able to spin a tale that captures peoples hearts and souls. It gives someone a place of solitude for a little while where they don't have to worry about what it going on in their lives, where their only thoughts are on the characters and the twists and turns that they encounter. I want to share with you all the characters that I have fallen in love with, the places that I've traveled to and the things that I have experienced...without even leaving my home.
  • DIY/Baking- these are two things that I really enjoy doing. I love to make things from scratch, I spend forever on Pinterest looking at natural products that I can make with ease that are super good for your skin. I also love to bake, I've never been much of a fan of cooking but baking has always been more my style. I want to share with everyone some of my favourite recipes because something as simple as sharing a little home baked goodness is a wonderful gift to all.
  • Positivity- some of the things that have been at the bare bones of this blog will not change, but they will become present when I want them to or when I feel like it's time. A positive life is about embracing all parts of ourselves and treating our souls (and others) with kindness. 
  • My thoughts- hopefully anyone who is still reading right now, is here because they like to her my thoughts. You want to hear what I have to say about the world and what is going on with my life. I want to be free to express my likes and dislikes, I wish to share my experiences with you as I go through life. 
  • Photography- both Emily and I adore photography so while I'm not very good at it, I will be including more photography (I promise I'm practicing to get better) so I hope you enjoy seeing my learning curve!

I don't know if this blog is going to last, if it's going to allow me to have a career in blogging which has been my dream for so many years now. The one thing that I do know is that I am doing this my way from now on. I'm sharing my true personality with the world and if you don't wish to be a part of that anymore then I sadly wish you goodbye. If you wish to stay and join our little family then welcome, you are truly cherished. No matter where this post takes you in life, know that I love you all and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking around so far.

We never know where life is going to take us, we can only have faith that it's where we are meant to be.

Love,
Louise x




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig