Wednesday 5 October 2016

5 Things to be happy about




So lately my life hasn't quite been going the way that I have wanted it to (isn't that always the way?) It's very easy for me to become a complete negative Nancy but I had a chat with a friend recently and as usual I've felt a lot better after getting some things off my chest. Sometime sit just talked someone who is not a part of the everyday runnings of your life to be able to cut through the crap and help you get everything back on track.

Sometimes it's very easy to be consumed by the  negative things that are happening to you and because of this,, you miss out on some of the blessings you have been given everyday.  Because of this, I wanted to share with you guys some of the things that make me happy.




  1. Family- first and foremost I'd have to say my family. I don't have the best relationship with my family members, in fact we can be quite a dysfunctional bunch but there are always some times when someone can pull me out of a rut. As far as the understanding towards my mental state goes, my parents are pretty damn god with it. Older generations, not so much but overall I get quite a decent amount of support.
  2. Friends- I've never really been one of those people lucky enough to have someone that they are confident to call your stereotypical "best friend". I'm not the easiest person to be around at all; I can be super annoying, very much a Debbie downer, I moan a lot and just am sometimes a big Ol' pain in the ass. Yet somehow I have a few people in my life that stick by me even if I mess up so I have to say that's pretty damn amazing.
  3. Pets- very cliché but I am a complete animal lover and whatever happens, no matter who I have upset or something, there is always an animal in my house that is more than ready for a few hours of cuddling. That's very special to me (and you probably think its very sad too haha).
  4. The little things- something as simple as the weather is enough for me sometimes. You all know that I live in Britain and it truly is raining 90% of the time. For some people it's really annoying. Personally, I love to go and stand outside when it rains and just feel the water on my face. It's one of the most calming things I can do for myself. Added to that, the sound of rain on my windows while I'm acting all Tumblr, sitting on the windowsill and watching out the window...that's perfect.
  5. Regime- I'm a big fan of doing things in a routine; they make me feel productive, I feel a lot more like I actually know what I'm doing and they make me stress less. Lately I have been doing a lot more "business" based things and that's really been a fun adventure for me!

Overall, when you think about it, we are pretty lucky with our lives. Don't forget to appreciate the things you have a little more.

Love, 
Louise x

Follow
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig