Wednesday 9 March 2016

February: In review



 
 

Its very easy to spend our lives obsessing over the bad things. It's almost like the positive things that happen allow us 5 minutes of happiness and then we end up focusing on a bad thing so something I've decided to do is to review every month. This allows me to reflect on anything that has made me happy, been useful etc and will actually train my brain to look for the positives in any given situation!

Beauty

Elemis Papaya enzyme peel- This is something that I have only recently tried and its a must have in my opinion! It's a gentle cream exfoliator so is perfect for my sensitive skin. The light fruity smell is wonderful and so refreshing so I have found it to be the perfect pick me up at the start of the day. You just apply it after cleansing and leave it for 10-15 minutes (it has generally dried by then) and then you wash it off with lukewarm water.

SBC Collagen 3 in 1 cleanser- A wonderful white, smooth cleanser that smells so amazing. It is one of the only cleaners that I am able to actually use over my eyes- which you are directed to do don't worry! A perfectly easy way to care for your skin and is moisturising as well so you only need a light moisturiser on top. Simply massage onto skin then wash off with lukewarm water. Easy peasy!

Life

Friends & family- as with any time in your life, it is important that you have the right kind of people around you. I must say that during February my family, and especially my friends have been super supportive of me, always listened when I have had a problem and have all round just been the best people ever so my February appreciation goes out to them!


Tv shows

Big Bang Theory- I must admit I hadn't watched this show until a few years ago and even though I enjoyed it, I didn't make a point of regularly watching it. in the last few months ive jumped on the Netflix bandwagon and im naturally addicted to watching it for as many hours as possible every day.

The Shanara Chronicles- this is something that is very new to UK TV and I've only watched the few episodes that have been aired so far. If you like fantasy shows, with an apocalyptic and 'evil' twist then you will love this show. It's a must watch in my opinion!

Shadowhunters- after reading the books and even enjoying the film I was very sceptical of the new Mortal Instruments TV adaption but it was a happy surprise because I love it. It provides a lot more depth that the film didn't have time for and shows a lot more of the character developments. The actors are so talented and you can see the chemistry between them all show through into their characters.

Music
All Time Low- this  month was also the first time I had ever been to a concert!. I went with my best friend to see All Time Low, who were supported by Good Charlotte and Against The Current. It was such a wonderful night, it was even worth the queuing for 4 hours in the cold and rain and even the flu and chest infection I got because of it. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I am forever grateful for my best friend asking me to go with her this year.

What are some of your favourite things about February?
- Louise x



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig