Sunday 6 March 2016

Blogging: a burden or a hobby?

So one of the things that has become a sticky situation for me is the amount that I post....or lack of (most of the time). As I mentioned in my post on Wednesday, I often have trouble with the amount of free time that I have in my life and then subsequently I don't post a lot or tweet much.

One of my biggest problems is comparing myself to others. This originally affected my mental health but more recently I have found that its made its way into my blogging life as well. As you all know this used to be a shared blog, and still is really by all accounts because Alyssa will always be the person that I founded this project with. The thing is, she's at university now, living in Leicestershire and she doesn't have the time to blog or tweet on here anymore. My blogging bug has never left me so I continue with this project but running a blog solo is a very big responsibility and as its been going for nearly 3 years I often feel a huge amount of pressure to make these amazing blog posts that are full of al of this advanced technology and look super professional.

Added to this, there are all of these other accounts and blogs where people somehow find the time to juggle so many other responsibilities and they write fantastic, long posts and tweet like 30 times a day. This then leaves me feeling guilty because I've spent almost 3 years doing this job and I still haven't gotten the hang of it.

The truth of the matter is, I'm not very technologically minded and I can only write the most basic of posts. The pressure that I often feel to write long posts that are stupendously positive, uplifting etc often leads me to not post because I don't feel that what I have to say is good enough. I've come to the conclusion recently that I love blogging and I love tweeting so I'm going to do what I can with my posts, with the consistency and with my tweeting. You've all always been so supportive with our  endeavours no matter how weird they are or how long they take so I hope you all continue to stay a part of my life!

I love you all
- Louise x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig