Sunday 8 January 2017

8 ways to have your best morning




I've made it one of my new goals to be much more mindful and take care of myself both physically and mentally. One of the ways I am going to do that is to make some improvements to my morning routine. Typically I drag my button out of bed, make myself a cup of tea and read before rushing upstairs to shower and get dressed and do typical morning activities. I'm always running out of time and I'm left feeling frazzled so it's time for a change. Here are some of the things that I'm going to do every morning...and some that I've researched into that could be potential ideas for the future!


Be prepared

One thing I actually really enjoy doing is setting out my clothes for the next day before I go to bed. I am very prone to getting up late or just plain being late in general. getting everything ready before its time for me to even get ready for bed means I can have a good look at my clothes and decide what I want to wear. Plus, I generally end up finding clothes that I have forgotten about in my normal morning rush so I am excited to get up the next day and wear them. It saves you a boat load of time the next day and you know you're going to look just fabulous!

Wake up earlier

This is something that I have actually been trying lately, I’ve been setting my alarm for 15 minutes earlier than I normally wake up. I then dedicate this time to do some morning mindfulness exercises and then still get an extra bit of time so I’m not as rushed.

Light it up

The best thing to wake up to is the sun. I must admit, I’ve had my fair share of waking up in the morning with the bright rays of the run going straight into my eyes…not fun by the way. But if I use the right kind of drapes and I’m sleeping in the right place, the sun comes in, warms my bedroom and (sometimes) wakes me up!


Water, water, water

The best way to jump-start your internal organs and really wake you up is to make the first thing that you do (yes this means before coffee, sorry guys) is drink a cool glass of water. It kicks off your metabolism with a great start!

Cardio?

It's suggested that 10 minutes of cardio every morning can jump start your metabolism (the water definitely helps) and boost your energy levels. Personally I never go the full 10 minutes but a 5-minute mix of jumping jacks, and just some high energy dancing to some great music is good enough for me!


Set a goal (or two)

Like I said earlier, I enjoy going through some mindfulness exercises in the morning, one of the things that you can do for yourself is set yourself on goal for the day. Don’t forget that these goals aren’t meant to be huge, just something small and then you’ll feel pretty fab for achieving it.

Leave on time?

I’m pretty much always running late, I hate doing it because it stresses me out but nevertheless, it generally happens 9 time out of 10 so I started reducing the time I have to leave by 5 minutes. That way I can be ‘late’ but in fact on time!

Eat

Your body needs to be nourished properly, in my opinion breakfast is the most important thing on this list. I’ve spent so long skipping meals and being hangry all the time and it made me miserable. I know that if I skip breakfast (or any meal really) then it starts to mess with my head. The hunger reminds me of skipping meals and then it triggers old thoughts…and hell no to all that!

Enjoy your mornings.


Share:

2 comments

  1. This is a great post thank you sharing your tips. I really want to work on having better mornings :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm trying really hard to be more of a morning person myself and these tips help me to look forward to the rest of the day! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig