Friday 13 May 2016

Recovery finds




I'm always up for things that can make recovery more approachable for everyone, so every now and then I scour the internet for new things for me to learn. As usual, whenever I'm doing something that is very important to my future and I'm stressed (in this instance it was my University assignments), it makes my recovery decisions a whole lot harder. So something I was spending quite sometime doing while I was off doing my assignments is looking at the kind of recovery tips and tricks that are offered by other people. Two of my favourite sites literally have everything that you need so I thought today I would just link some of my favourite things from them!


Pro-ana/pro-Mia sites - A lot of people, whether they suffer from an ED or not don't actually know all that much about these kind of sites. This link is absolutely fab because its something that I could quite literally show to anyone and help them understand how social media can help to fuel an eating disorder. It's perfect if you know someone who is suffering from the illness and you want to understand it a little better so that you can support them.

Another site that I found is quite literally an Eating Disorder Recovery goldmine. I have literally spent hours on it reading their Recovery Guide and I would shout it from the rooftops if I had the opportunity. There are a lot of things that happen when you recovery and often we go into them without the slightest bit of knowledge of what is going to happen. there are explanations for so many things, whether its why we need calories (in recovery), the reasons for rapid weight gain in recovery/disproportionate weight gain and also some links to other people that offer the same opinion, so you guys can have an extra read somewhere else and may even find something more suitable to your needs.

I think my favourite part of all is a post that explains the truthful levels of recovery and why its okay to move backwards and forward between them all. recovery isn't a straight road and its something that often makes people feel like they should give up, just because they haven't recovered without any hitches. I wish I knew about this before I started my recovery, then I would have known that my relapses didn't make me a failure and I was still worth recovery...and its the same for you!

One of the final things I want to share with you guys is their dictionary. You might be thinking "why the hell would I want to look at that?!" but its very easy to get caught up in these texts and not have a clue what they are talking about because of the terminology but this helps us (even me) to understand it in simple terms. What better way to be able to support those you care about right?

I hope you guys find these links as useful as I do and be sure to let me know in the comments if there is anything that you think we can all use!

Love,
Louise x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig