Wednesday 27 April 2016

Purchases: Mindfulness books


 
Most people who know me, know that I am a complete book nerd. if I have any money, and theres a book store (online or in a town) available to me then that money isn't going to last. I love reading, and reading inspirational thingsm especially mindfulness or positivity books. these are a really large part of my recovery, reading just one small passage a day helps put me into the right mindset to approach the day with a healthy outlook. I thought id share with you guys some of the books that I have brought over the last month (sorry bank account) because theyre all too damn good to miss out on!
 
 Gabrielle Bernstein: I've been a big fan of her books, YouTube videos and statuses on Facebook for a long time now. I kept promising myself that when I had some spare money I was going to invest some of her books...they consequently stayed in my "saved for later" list on Amazon for over a year. Finally, I've got them and I cannot wait to read them!
 
Doreen Virtue: I've used her oracle cards for a few years now, one deck I have even had since I was a little kid- and they're Unicorn Oracle cards! I still like to use them every now and again though- even if its just to look at the pictures...they're absolutely beautiful! added to this, I knew that her books on negativity were just what I needed and they have a little added magic in them or 'sparkle' as she puts it.
 
 Louise Hay: I have been a huge fan of Louise Hay for a little over a year now, since I got into mindfulness as a practice and anything I buy that has her name on it, I know is going to be just the ticket! I honestly cannot wait to implement these practices into my busy lifestyle.
 
Don't sweat the small stuff: This was one of the books that was suggested to me by a good friend (I think on her Instagram account) when we had been chatting about how I still struggle with focusing on the negative things when they crop up. As usual, she's absolutely right, this book is perfect for me! so if you find yourself thinking a little too much about the negative stuff or the stresses in life then I recommend this book for you!
 

Holistic therapy (overcoming Depression and Anxiety naturally) by Emma Mary Gathergood: I'm a sucker for self help books, I think that the more we know about a subject, the easier we will be able to deal with it. Plus you've got to admit, learning the different ways in which we can approach any troubles in our lives cant be a bad thing right? This book covers different holistic therapises such as 'the three faces of self', CBT and coping strategies, body-mind awareness and also provides an understanding of depression, anxiety and panic attacks. For me this book is perfect not only for people who suffer from these illnesses but for people who want to learn more about how they "work" and how they can be dealt with.
 
Gala Darling: So this book was on the recommended list after I brought some of the other stuff (above) and I just felt I needed to have it. After reading an article on her in the Spirit and Destiny magazine, May edition (I think), I knew I had made the right decision. Everything about this lady just makes me think of a light, beautiful soul. She is a perfect example of how you can turn your life completely around.
 
Kate Hudson: So I must confess, I have never actually read anything like this with examples from these celebrities lives, I'm not even a huge Kate Hudson fan (I mean she's fab don't get me wrong) but after reading the write-up for the book and just getting a general look at it, I knew this book would be a major interesting read even if I never tried anything out from it. But we all know I will because it's full of healthy lifestyle tips and emotional wellness advice!
 
Hope you enjoy them!
-Louise x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig