Wednesday 23 October 2013

Dealing With Homework Stress


Already this week, I've stressed over homework. Yesterday we had to do peer-review on group essays we've been working on. The essay is comparing how the book, To Kill A Mockingbird, applies to today’s groups in society, such as LGBT.
We were assigned to go through the paper, answer question on the paper, highlight any mistakes, fix the mistakes, see the paragraphs “flow” well, give suggestion, check to make sure all the citations are there, and a great deal of other stuff.
The paper I was reviewing was ten pages long. I also had a study guide to complete and an art project I had to start on. Long story short, I didn't even get to lie down until eleven at night.

So, I've made a list of ways to deal with stress

1) Go for a walk
Walking can shift your mind away from the life's stresses and help you focus on the positive things in life. Often, what you see while walking can help your mind connect with positive memories, therefore improving your mood. This occurs because of the endorphin's that the brain releases because it is somehow triggered when walking. The endorphin's have the power to relieve pain and stimulate relaxation.

2) Lie down
This has helped me, but it may not help others. Lying down helps my mind relax, while it gives others' the chance to run wild. Taking deep breaths and closing my eyes allows me to seclude myself from the rest of the world and I can concentrate on calming my mind down.

3) Do something you enjoy
Take a break. Such aside the homework and do something you enjoy. Reading, drawing, dancing, listening to music. The odds are limitless. Just take a break, calm your breathing and do something you enjoy to take your mind off everything.

I hope this list will help you in the future.
And remember that no passing grade is worth getting frustrated over. Just take a deep breath :)

-M
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig