Saturday 5 October 2013

Alternatives To Self Harm: Sharpie

  Yesterday night, I tried something new.  I took a Sharpie and began to write.  On myself that is.  I wrote the word 'beautiful' on my hip, reminding myself to eat.  Its already begun to fade, but I can always touch it up a bit when I have to.  The point of doing this is that the sharpie lasts longer than a pen, it's more difficult to wash off.  If you wrote 'beautiful' or 'gorgeous' on yourself the night before, because you were feeling more confident, and then the next day you lose hope, what you wrote isn't coming off for a while.  It's a reminder.


    What I also wrote was a letter on my hand.  I was talking to a friend last night and we'd ended up on the conversation of how much we cared about the other.  I'm not sure she would want me to share her name, so for now she will stay anonymous.  But, she kept going on about me being strong and I ended up crying because I knew she cared, but I never knew she cared THIS much.  It was just amazing of her to be able to list the reasons she loved me.  So, I took the sharpie and on my hand I wrote the letter of her first name, a Y.


  Think of someone you know cares about you.  Even if you think they don't, but you know they do.  Write their initial somewhere on your hand or maybe your foot, I don't know.  Wherever you want, if you don't want anyone to see it.

  I'm not completely sure where this post has gone, but this is a tip I want to give you.  It's just a way I found to cope that's actually working.  This is also a pretty bad first post since I didn't explain more in depth, but I never was a talker.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig