Sunday 9 April 2017

Rainy days


One of the most stereotypical  (but true) things about Britain is that 90% of the time it's raining.  Luckily for me I love the rain so it never bothered me all that much. For some people it can be a pain, especially when you make plans or you want to do something fun but the weather gets in the way. Rainy days at home don't have to be boring thought, here are some of my favourite things to do when I have a free day in the rain.

Get cozy
Find your coziest, most comfortable clothes, grab a soft blanket and wrap yourself up with a good book, you're favourite movie or submerge yourself in your favourite thing to do. I'm an avid reader, it's no surprise that I take the rain as a perfect excuse to forget whatever important work I have to do, in the name of a good old read.

Have a movie day
It's time to learn to make that perfect fort, grab all the blankets and pillows you can find and get comfortable with some of your favourite films for the day. The more people you can fit in there the better... but there's something to be said about having a fort all to yourself!

Get baking
My aim for the next rainy day is to set myself up a little baking station in the kitchen and make myself something yummy! Whether that's making some bread and soup from scratch for my lunch, making a cake (because lets be honest cakes smell the best...and taste pretty damn good too!)

Make it a pamper day
There are very few things that are as good for the soul as a good old pamper day. Picture this, it's chilly outside, the rain is battering the windows and you're running yourself the best ever bubble bath. Sounds perfect right? You can paint your nails, sit with a face mask on and watch your favourite film. It's also the perfect excuse to get some of your favourite people round and indulge together, that way you get some quality time with your loved ones in as well!


Follow
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig