Tuesday 8 July 2014

Learning More About Mental Health

I am currently studying online with ALISON and I have to tell you, I'm having a lot of fun! the two courses that I am currently undergoing are diploma in mental health studies and mental health & illness. Its so flexible and so everything that I learn I can do at my own pace and I get to learn in my own way.

Improving my knowledge on mental health will help me not just with this blog but with my career prospects....yes, I have finally decided what I want to do! My career choice is as a Primary Care Graduate Mental Health Worker, and combining this with Perks Of Recovery, I am so happy that I will be able to make a difference.

This time last year I never thought that I would know what I want to do. My life was a mess because of my illness' and I couldn't see a way out. It was actually July last year when I first went for help for my depression, self harm and anorexia. It was only when I got the diagnosis of all of those along with anxiety that I felt like I could maybe get better. It has been a long and painful road and though I know I'm no where near the end of this journey I am SO grateful for the things that it has taught me. I now have new friends that I love to talk to, I feel like I'm doing something worthwhile, my friendship with Alyssa has strengthened and now I have career prospects.

Don't give up, sometimes there really is a silver lining in every cloud (cheesy, I know)
Stay Strong
-Louise xoxo

p.s. I have an assessment for my suitability to CBT on Friday!!!!!
Share:

1 comment

  1. Lovely post Louise

    Well done for achieving so much in a year.

    Good luck with your assessment on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig