Monday 28 July 2014

The evolution of POR; 1 year today!!!

It seems so crazy to think that 1 whole year ago today, Alyssa and I set up Perks Of Recovery. I still remember the account creation and my confusion of using blogger ;) .

We have both come so far over the past 12 months. I have gone from the girl who would over-exercise, self harm amd cry myself to sleep at night to 4 months clean and im now going to CBT for my Anorexia! I am very proud of the way that I have managed to turn my life around. Getting help was the best decision that I ever made. Having the diagnosis actually empowered me because it was no longer just me feeling sorry for myself. I was able to aknowledge the fact that I am ill. That fact allowed me to finally be able to begin to take care of myself properly. I still have a long way to go before I am recovered but it is uplifting to think that I am a lot closer to my goal than I was yesterday or the day before that. Perks Of Recovery (and Alyssa for beginning this journey with me) have helped me save my own life.

I (Alyssa) have also begun taking care of myself properly. I no longer feel depressed & I'm no longer overwhelmed with self hatred and suicidal thoughts. I hope that every single person that reads this post is able to recover as well as I have. Thank you all so much for reading our blog and we hope that our posts continue to help people with mental illness. I'm really looking forward to the future of Perks of Recovery. 

This year has been amazing. Stay strong
-Alyssa and Louise xoxo
Share:

1 comment

  1. Lovely post. So good to read that you have been able to acknowledge the fact that you were ill - that is a huge step. This is a great site - you have achieved so much. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig