Wednesday 25 September 2013

inspiration (i guess)

I am not really all that sure what todays post is about. I just wanted to share my new-found knowledge with you all. for some reason it has took me a long time to realise that there are things that happen in life that are bad, like deaths, bullies, illnesses etc. My recovery, just like most peoples begins with the way that i interpret things and the way in which i choose to see the world.

It took me quite a while to realise that if i don't like the way that life is then i should change it, i don't have to look for the bad in the world. I have a lot of very positive things in my life that i take for granted quite a lot. I have a wonderful family and absolutely amazing friends. This blog is one of the best things that i have ever had the pleasure of taking part in. I do not want to think about what my life would be like right now if we hadn't started this blog. It has become my life and has helped me look for the 'silver linings' in every situation. I have so many amazing new friendships with people through the twitter account and it has really helped me get closer to "A" so i have decided that after so long of resenting having depression and an eating disorder that i am thankful of the way that it has shaped my life. I now make better health choices and i have developed as a person in more ways than i could have ever thought.
Remember that when you are having a bad day and you're thinking "why me?" This illness that you have is part of what makes you you. I am a better person today because of my problems and i wouldn't swap my difficulties for anything in the world. Believe in yourself and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you guys do anything after reading this post, please just think about the things/people that you have in your life today because of your hard times.

what are you thankful to your illness' for?

hope you are all staying strong and having a good week, remember to stay positive :-)

-L x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig