Monday 9 September 2013

A Little Update (and a pep talk!)

Hi guys!

Its been a while, and i cant appologise enough for that but life has just got ahead of me. There have been a lot of new changes in my life lately and lets admit it, changes are often scary things. I have had to deal with things that others would see as no big deal when to me it was like climbing a mountain. I have started sixth form with Alyssa and its been going well but the work for it has taken up a lot of time so I figured that you all deserved an explaination as to why we have both been AWOL.

I am very pleased to say that my recovery is going well, I still have a difficult relatioinship with food but I am getting better and although I have had a recent relapse, I am one week clean for self-harming. Things are starting to really look up for me and I have a lot of opportunities available to me at them moment.

Beginning my recovery process is one of the best things that I have ever done for myself so if any of you are reading this and wondering if you should begin your recovery, DO IT! The fact that you are even thinking about recovery is a very big step and its a great thing. There is one thing that I do have to say that I feel is quite important; a girl got in touch with us at Perks Of Recovery a few months ago and told us that she wanted to do something about her problems but she didnt think that she should because she didnt think that she was as bad as others that she has found out about. First off, I hope that this person doesnt mind me mentioning this because I felt the exact same thing before getting help and I just felt like it was a growing problem. Secondly, if you have any kind of distorted thinking, be it to do with your body or about your life in general or even something that doesnt fit into those generalisations. Just think to yourself "this isnt right, I need to do something about this". Even if your problems are not as severe as someone elses doesnt mean that you dont deserve to get help. If anything going to get help while your problems are not as severe is a very good thing as it means that you can get to the bottom of your problem before it escalates. Don't ever be afraid that your problem is not severe enough to do something about. Don't suffer in silence.

Remember we are always here if you need help, feel free to DM us on twitter or email us, even if it is anonymously and we will do whatever we can to help.

What are your favourite things about recovery? Comment below :-)

-L x
Share:

2 comments

  1. hey :)this is totally fine of course!! Im reallt glad youre getting better and better!! love you xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad that you like it. Its a day by day struggle but its great to see the difference in myself so far :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig