Thursday 30 April 2015

It's a marathon....



That's what it feels like when you are caring for a loved one with an eating disorder..... a marathon....but a marathon that goes on and on, that no matter how much you want to give up and stop "running" you can't, one that you haven't remotely trained for but got entered into the "race" anyway, one that no matter how tired you still goes on and on with the finishing line nowhere in sight....


As a Mum (particularly one who was anorexic for years) I should have had sufficient training in how to care for my loved one.... but I didn't.  I got things wrong albeit with the very best of intentions.

So.... when I hear that my precious loved one has completed a marathon in a fantastic time there are no words... just an immense feeling of pride.  Even more so because the whole achievement was down to my loved one.  It feels like it has turned full circle - a "marathon" is over by the completion of an actual marathon.

I can breathe again...

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig